It's an outrage.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Prank calling is dead

What happened to the fun and mystery of anonymity? It's gone the way of the 8-track on the back of caller ID and the IP address.

The cell phones meant to connect us have given us more of a reason to disconnect. No longer can you call your crush just to say hi. Now, every ring has meaning and you have to be prepared to say something even if they don't pick up. They'll know you called so you have to leave a message. And there's no more just hanging up if you lose your nerve.

I shouldn't complain, really, because I've recently become obsessed with my SiteMeter, which will tell me when, from where and for how long you read this. It even tells me that you found my blog because you searched for "penis pictures" on Blogger, or "240sx retractable lights." I'm fourth on Google for that one. Plus, there have been many people searching for "suki kim modern love." Call me paranoid, but I think they might be out to get me.

I'm not for stalking, but when you can no longer call a million boys during slumber parties or send 20 pizzas to your enemies, it's an outrage.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home


Don't be an outrage. Be outrageous.


NOT AN OUTRAGE

ARE YOU OUTRAGED?

ARCHIVES